Tuesday 7 April 2009

Gel mouse mat

I have now purchased the third of my gel based products, namely a mouse mat.

I had looked at the many dozens available online through the likes of Amazon, but I saw a plain black one in a UK trade-only store called Makro at £4.99 plus Vat (currently 15%), so I bought it there and then.

Price wise this was around half of what I have previously seen these mats go for and, although plain in appearance, it is a circular mat in keeping with most of my previous mats.

The gel bit forms a protruding soft rest that the wrist sits on and one of the ideas behind it is that it is not only soft and spongy, but also cool to the touch. Having not used this kind of “support” style mouse mat before I can already sense that it may take some getting used to, however I suspect that it is a good idea, so I will persevere.

Given the fact that I have already set up 3 new blogs for the other orthopedic products that I have purchased (and that I am currently reviewing), I will confine my ongoing reviews of the mouse mat to this “main” blog. This means that I will periodically mention the gel mat and its suitability (or otherwise) to my mouse and PC use in this orthopedic blog.


Health Blogs

No comments: