Sunday 1 March 2009

Gel Insoles

I have been looking at the various shoe insoles available online with a view to buying a set for some cheap and poorly padded “doc martin” style shoes/boots that I bought a month or so ago.

The choice is almost overwhelming and many of the options are intended to deal with a specific foot problem, walking difficulty, or “stance induced” back ache.

I my case it is simply comfort that I am interested in as the shoes in question become hard and uncomfortable if I walk in them for more than a few hundred yards at a brisk pace.

In short they feel like the “impact shock” of walking is producing shin splints. Not too pleasant.

Having scoured the internet I have determined that my preference is for some gel soles that come in a single size and that are trimmed to fit the shoe in question. It all sounds a bit “make-shift”, but I have ordered some and I will soon find out if they do the job.

Prices for these things seem to run from under £10 to £30 and the composition and claimed performance vary significantly. Some of these insoles are designed for high impact sporting use, whilst others are more for standing around! I have opted for something in between.

Once I have got them and tried them out I will provide some feedback on their performance and comfort. In the meantime here is a site that provide information on, and sell, these things -  http://www.dreamyfeet.co.uk/anti_shock.htm.


Health Blogs

No comments: